onsdag 28 november 2007

Sleepless.

Sleepless, dreamless,
doubtless, fearless, darkness
creeps upon my face;
wipe it off and see the days'
early sunbeams strike the eyes
like a million tiny flies
buzz buzz buzz - I am awake
but the body screams "no more"
and the very soul seems sore
From this knowledge - I would weep!
When I know I'lll get no sleep
Not from pleading, nor from praying,
not by going, nor by staying,
not by roaring, nor by rhyming -
what's the deal?

Silence, stillness,
darkness, illness, sleepless
lie I by her side
and the soft, enchanting tide
of my senses' obfuscation
of my very mind's sedation
draws upon me like a mist
and then- yeah, you get the gist:
In this senseless, sleepless ache
I am doomed to stay awake -
And I cannot help but wonder
what's the deal?

8 kommentarer:

Nallenon sa...

I'm not really sure what to say here..
I mean, I love the poem, and it's powerful, but I'm somewhat lost fr words on commenting on the actual meaning..
Maybe because I just woke up..
I'll get to it later.

Yeonni sa...

<3

I get a slight tingling in my The Raven-sense, as well as some sort of picture of being wide awake with both eyes closed in darkness, some sort of sleep-but-not-sleep like a curse that the Sandman would come up with. That single line "lie I by her side" adds trendemous power to it as well; it's litteral meaning being that you're not alone, but it's function in the poem adding a thousand pounds to the lonliness.

Yeah... I need to learn to analyze poems for real. But that's what I made of it, anyway.

Eva sa...

Joseph, dear Joseph. Dear Cynthia want me to tell you that you waste too much time on poetry, and Birkhoff.

Though, I thought it was awesome. Sorry for not staying awake with you.

Eva sa...
Den här kommentaren har tagits bort av skribenten.
Kristin sa...

Wow, that's the first poem I've ever read that I really liked...

Sara sa...

Rik you're the man! OMG that was awesome! Soo incredibly beautiful. There are no words to describe...

Nightflyer sa...

Skit va snygg!! Den låter hur häftig som helst när man säger den högt (fast det vet du säkert redan =P). Jag... alltså, nä. Jag vet inte vad jag ska säga. BALANS- för ni som skapar-

Rik sa...

Oj, tack.

Ärligt talat kunde jag helt enkelt inte sova och skrev den för att ha något att göra :P Jag blev rätt nöjd med den, men jag väntade mig inte såna reaktioner.

Thx, thx.

*abbreviated bowing*