fredag 16 november 2007

Self-Improvement

I post very briefly after actor! I sorry!

I be self-improvement in life. I study charisma, by the mirror, and have pretty wife who don't like me. Sometime, life as Simian Sim sucks. Still, I be making advancement, in carreer and in life. And I be thinking - is self-improvement goal of life? Is big question for someone primarily primate. Self-improvement is what happen in many games. Role-playing games be all about making better. Or making improvement. Sometime, though, making improvement is not about make better, I thinks.

For instance: If I develop as person, but not develop skills, is that improvement? Or make better? I be thinking about it lot. Get big carreer, sure, self-improvement. But does it make better? Does I really is a better person if I mayor or rocket scientist? Or does I really better person if I smile more? You see point? It are two perspectives on life: Perfectionist want improvement, want grow strong and practice skills. Hedonist want to live life and enjoy it. Which one make better? Maybe both make better?

I don't know. I just a Sim that looks like monkey.

7 kommentarer:

Nallenon sa...

The Chimpanzim needs screenshot still.

I believe both make bettar. Aktuly.

Nightflyer sa...

Vad fint. Nu behöver jag verkligen inte oroa mig för felstavningar...

Båda tycker jag. Det senare hellre än det andra, men om man kan fixa båda så är det nog det bästa.

Kristin sa...

mhm, balance people, balance

Yeonni sa...

I usually praise the Balance to the skies, but in this case, the balance between those two depends on the individual, right? Happiness is the answer. Lots of people need improvement to be hedonistically happy.

You have yet again managed to give me words for things I know but can't seem to convey to people without a whole essay. *clears throat* : I am a hedonist. *smiles* See? No essay.

Sara sa...

Yes I agree. Happiness is the key. I think happiness is to find life tolerable. But then again I should comment while being in depression-light-mode...

Rik sa...

Yes, but it gets more complicated beyond just these two poles. A perfectionist, like Iceye, can polish skills because that makes you hedonistically happy.

I wonder if I have a goal with my perfectionism, or if I just use it for sheer enjoyment?

Hasn't figured out. Aktuly.

Yeonni sa...

Oooh. Expressions are nice. *clears throat* I polish skills to make me hedonistically happy! *smiles* I want to use that in a real conversation!

Do we polish skills to make ourselves happy or to make others happy? I know that I write because it makes me feel better, but I focus intensly on to make it a good experience for the reader, while at the same time my ideal reader would of course be me, and originally I began writing books because I wanted to read just that book I was writing, yet it no one else... no wait. It would make me happy if people like what I write, but it's more important that I like it. You?