måndag 24 maj 2010

Nightbrain

This morning I woke up and couldn't remember who I was. It took my brain a little while to catch up, and for a few seconds - thirty or so - I was just left reeling in confusion at how to interpret all the visual impressions I got; I remember focusing on an alarm clock and wondering vaguely if the alarm clock was mine, and if so, what I was supposed to use it for.

I wish I could say it was cool, but it really was just confusing and frightening. Even more so, it was kind of depressing because when I finally remembered who I was, my instant reaction was to be disappointed. I don't know what that says about me.

5 kommentarer:

Arrgh sa...

Intressant. För att ta en datorterm: bootsekvensen kom lite i oordning. En variant på detta är när man vagt blir medveten om omgivningen men lillhjärnan fortfarande är i uppstartsfasen och man upplever att man inte kan röra armar eller ben.

Arrgh sa...

Pardon my Swedish. Translation:

The boot sequence must have been in disorder. Similar to when your senses become aware of the surroundings while your cerebellum is still booting and your arms and legs won't obey you.

Nallenon sa...

Sleep Paralysis. I still want to try that some time....

Semi-related: Apparently, I have a tendency to boot the Grammar section of my brain before the language section, so I tend to speak in what sounds a lot like a language but isn't.

Yeonni sa...

About that you were disappointed, just randomly philosophically, I wonder if it was the person without memories or you that was disappointed to find that you were you? If the person without memories expected more (or different), or if you did?

Riklurt sa...

I think it was the person without memories. I was kind of expecting something exciting I think, cause I had just emerged from dreams.