tisdag 30 september 2008

A Quote and a Dream

Logic will get you from A to B. Imagination will take you everywhere.
-Albert Einstein

I think I have a serious imagination addiction. Cause, you know, now when I'm in the maths program, just when I'm seriously beginning to study something I have a passion for, logic suddenly seems too small. It's like maths is all about restraining your thoughts, channeling them in a certain way - for greater power but less flexibility.

Somehow I feel I gain greater knowledge from dreams than from maths.

A few nights back, I dreamt that myself, River Tam, Bruce Willis and a voodoo god whom I suspect was Papa Legba, were to storm a hi-tech bar located in a swamp, ruled over by a cyborg sort of guy. Trick, the black vampire from Buffy, worked for him in the gym, except it was just the actor of Trick, not actually a vampire.

I was supposed to plant a computer spike to get the others in, but something went wrong and Bruce Willis never showed up, meaning I was without a good gunman when the fighting broke out. I had to flee into the cyborg man's office, and then escape through a hatch down into the gym, where I fast-talked my way out of Trick's way and got into their security center and laboratory. Just when everything looked like we were screwed, Papa Legba rose an army of zombies and marched them on the gym, allowing me time to escape alongside River.

I had stolen a few important things from their lab, so the assault wasn't a complete failure, but I knew we hadn't quite won yet because we didn't manage to destroy their computer central. Unfortunately, fleeing from the place, we were chased by some black dogs, only saved by a white tree from which I broke a branch and used as a magical staff to sling white light at the dogs, killing them.

Now I wonder; where did Bruce Willis go?
Also - the real question, the key question - did this dream give me more knowledge than my waking studies did?

I do not know.

1 kommentar:

Yeonni sa...

I. LOVE. DREAMS.

Bruce Willis probably got held up fighting an army somewhere. Anyway, wake thought and learning is dry bread. Dreams are the cream and cherry on top. Bröd och skådespel.