fredag 22 augusti 2008

Some Words

I don't really have anything to say. My life is pretty boring at the time, not to me perhaps, but to an onlooker, an observer who is not me. This phenomenon is similar, but not identical, to how a particle behaves differently when observed than when not observed. It is similar, but not identical, to how a puzzle is unsolvable when one does not have all the pieces. It is nearly, but not quite, the opposite of love at first sight, where you love someone you don't understand.

Hence, I have nothing to say. Yet I write.
I write because I am bored, because I feel like it, because it makes sense. To me. This is what one normally uses a diary for, but I own no diary, so I will use my blog, and I will write things in it. Not saying things does not mean one has nothing to write. This is true.

The opposite of loving someone for who they are is despising someone for who they are not. The opposite of feeling comfort because your friends understand you is not being understood because you are uncomfortable. The opposite of light is light, at a different wavelength. The opposite of human is human, at a different wavelength. The opposite of love is desire, which is similar, but not identical, to how altruism is the opposite of egoism, but also similar to how up is the opposite of down, as one would be meaningless without the other.

The opposite of me is nobody. The opposite of you is loneliness. The opposite of lucid dreaming is muddled wakefulness. The opposite of enlightenment is ignorance. The opposite of opposite is the same thing as a synonym. The heart is an organ. Truth is relative. Beauty is absolute.

Trolls are ugly.
Planets are big.
Metal is hard.
Angels exist.

When one thing changes, another thing must also change. When a thing is stable, another thing must also be stable. Both these statements are infinitely recursive. Therefore, all things are either stable, or all things change. Therefore, Achilles slipped and hit his head, and forgot who he was. He has not remembered his name since, and he does not remember why he's running, but he's running and running but never catching up with the turtle, because all things are either stable, or all things change. The name of the game is forgotten. The game of the name is the search for God, because it is a game where we seek to name something "God". The night is not on fire. The fire is not a knight. The knight is not a maiden, and the maiden is not a whore. The whore is not a horse, and the horse is not a cow, which in turn, is not a mouse. The mouse is nowhere to be found.

I am running out of words now.
Goodnight.

5 kommentarer:

Loverboy sa...

Thank you
I enjoyed reading that hopefully as much as you enjoyed writing it. This made sense. In every way that I can think of sense.

Nefandus sa...

Seconded.

Incidentically, this is pretty much the entire philosophy for my Abyssal character - everything concists of opposites, and the way they define each other is invariably beautiful.

Rik sa...

That is an interesting way to interpret my text, Nefandus - one which I can see now that you say it, but one which was not at all in my head when I wrote this.

Yeonni sa...

Thirded?

I love how you think when you don't think, even if I like when you think almost as much.

Wicky sa...

du vet att jag gillar dig, fast jag är typ sämst i världshistorien på att höra av mig?