lördag 3 maj 2008

Instant poetry

I Want


I wanna bang you like a screen door

I Wanna Be Sedated

I wanna floor that

I wanna vaccuum

I want a famous face

I want a fig newton

I want all you

I want it hard

I want it that way

I want my pizza

I want nice things

I want that

I want the whole sweet

I Want to be Your Canary

I want to borrow your copy of Re-animator

I want to break free

I want to bring you down

I want to die

I want to get out buffer

I want to govarn

I want to have sex with you

I want to kick your puppy

I Want to Know What Love Is

I want to see other people

I want you

I want you chills

I want you in me

I want you in the worst way

I want your body

I want your soul...

I wanted it done yesterday

I wanted more power to win!

I was about to say


-----------------------------

Courtesy of Urban Dictionary. I just copy-pasted all their "I want" entries and edited them.

4 kommentarer:

Nallenon sa...

I want hidden poetry
I want unblack'd text
I want to kick your internet
I want to know what poetry is
I want to have
I want to
I want

D sa...

I love it. Honestly, it's powerful, it's direct, it's strangely energizing, without really meaning anything. The opening line is... captivating. If Pulp Fiction was a poem, it would be this. It's art! :)

Rik sa...

Thank you, David. I got struck by how well the lines fit together, myself.

Poetry is about seizing moments, isn't it?

D sa...

It is about seizing moments, particularly in ways in which prose cannot. The meaning of prose is limited to the meaning of its words, in a sense. Quality poetry is that which relays a meaning beyond - or in this case, entirely separate from - the per se definitions of its diction. If you know what I mean. Prose is by nature denotational, while good poetry is overwhelmingly connotational. This is proof thereof :) It portrays a state of mind, nothing more, nothing less.