lördag 15 december 2012

Six - Lupi


Lupi is a fairly recent character on this list, hailing from the latest run of the Banewarrens. A more or less psychotic halfling (culturally goblin) rogue, Lupi turned out to be some kind of psycho with a heart of gold – or at least, someone who genuinely cared about her friends and... not so much about anyone else. She managed to establish herself very well, committing violent murder and maiming during her time off, but being absolutely invaluable when actually working with her team. Aside from her supreme backstabbery skills, she saved her team mates from dozens of traps and ultimately ended up saving an entire city.

Lupi, I think, is iconic in the sense that she possessed a degree of obfuscating stupidity, which is something I've seen in her player a lot. On the surface she seemed random and insane, but there was a definite method to her madness – a tactical thinking that went hand in hand with her antics. It is perhaps telling that she was the only character to survive the adventure – and that despite being nearly mauled to death by a minotaur in the second session.

Lupi's coolest moment must have been her disappearance act at the end of the story. She gave the glory to her dead companions, and asked everyone to forget about her – and then stepped out into the city of Ptolus, and disappeared. She was an unsung hero... and perhaps that was for the best.

2 kommentarer:

D sa...

Comrades,

First off: Good to see the advent calendar live on in a new form! Most of these names are new to me, but I'm entirely to blame.

Sorry to hijack this post, but it's a pretty reliable way to get in touch, I figured. I'm back on this side of the pond, and I can't wait catch up with the readership/authorship of this blog. I'll be around for the next three weeks or so, location flexible. My phone and email is the same as before. I hope you'll be around.

/V.M.G.W

Kat sa...

I would love to tag along if possible