lördag 5 januari 2008

An Awesome Dream

It's not often you have dreams worth remembering, but I'd say, I had one tonight - so not to forget it, I'm writing it down.

It started with me trying to get into a strange warehouse to find out what was going on. I was peering through windows and stuff when I suddenly found the walls had disappeared, and with a peculiar type of concentration I could make everything static around me vanish. Nobody seemed to be noticing, so I walked into the house and found a large boat.

More peculiarly, I kept testing this "make-things-disappear" and it seemed like nobody saw me while I had it active. For some reason my first thought was that I might've become a vampire, but after some experimentation I found out that I'd somehow learned how to become ethereal. The things didn't disappear, I just made it so that I could walk straight through them - I just couldn't perceive them while I was doing so, for some reason.

Then I met the guy who owned the boat, and found that he could see me, even when I walked through walls. He was this short black guy who sounded a little like Chris Rock, and I think he had some kind of x-ray vision, though he never told me. I tried to hide from him in a church, but it was sort of disastrous since I accidentally made the whole church disappear from my view, so I couldn't find anyplace at all to hide - or couldn't find out how the church was built up. So he caught up with me only to tell me he was in hiding too, from some agency that shortly caught up with us inside a mall. I tried to flee, but I failed to work my wallhack powers while under stress, and I was cornered in a hardware store and had to give up. The agents were two - one man in a suit, and one short girl dressed sort of like the Crocodile Hunter. I found out that these "powers" manifested in about one individual in a million, and that the girl also had them - but she didn't say what they were.

The agent-guy showed us to a men's urinal at that very mall, which had a concealed passage into a base of some sort - stocked full with supplies and accessible only via a secret door and then a skilift-like elevator, where you had to hang on to a small red round plate attached to a cable. Once in the base, I found out they paid people to get rid of their powers in order to protect the public - I was offered two units of money for mine, which I somehow understood was a great amount of money, though it was only offered in the form of free access to all the wares at the mall (it was pretty big, thought). Apparently the pricing was based on which body part the power originated in - my black friend was offered eye surgery for two units, I was offered surgery in some kind of weird gland which I think might have been the pineal gland, though I'm not sure.

Before I could say yes or no to a laser surgery relieving me of my powers, something happened. A guy with a dog (I remember the dog, but not the guy) somehow started the self-destruct power of the place remotely, meaning there was a total panic and utter stampede. I got away alongside the Crocodile Girl, fleeing by making the elevator shaft intangible and for the first time succeeding to work my power under stress, fell through it, and climbed up inside the mall - where I was caught by the cashier for having "shoplifted" Ahlgrens bilar, that had somehow wound up on me at the base. I tried to shift the cashier woman away in order to vanish, but at that point I woke up.

The scary thing was, during the whole time I dreamt, I was able to shift buildings and objects away, but I wasn't able to shift them back again no matter how hard I tried. Things that I "vanished" were simply gone to me, though not to everyone else. Also it seemed like shifting made me turn invisible, though I'm not sure if I was actually invisible or if I was just on the other side of a wall or something.

Regardless, a very cool and exciting dream, and one of those nasty dreams in which you make new friends that seem awesome but, upon waking, you find they never existed. It's sad, really.

6 kommentarer:

Nightflyer sa...

It sounds a little bit like 'Heroes' to me. Same concept, in a way.

Rik sa...

Yes, I saw some parallels after I wrote it down, though in the dream I was convinced it was the World of Darkness for some reason. Funny thing is, I've never even seen Heroes... Do they have a black guy with x-ray vision?

If so, I'm a little bit freaked out.

Nightflyer sa...

No not exactly x-ray vision... But he can see exactly what power the "heroes" have before they use them.

Rik sa...

That is a little freaky, but not a lot. Black guy with powerful eyes, could be coincidence.

I think the dog-guy had some sort of power over animals, which also extended to people. Maybe that's how he could blow up the place, I dunno.

Yeonni sa...

I love dreams. And I hate waking.

Sara sa...

I'm completely with Da-Ryun here. Dreams are the best!