måndag 12 december 2011

Twelve.

Danielle looked at the enormous hovering hologram that occupied most of the Battle Academy's assembly hall. It was a stellar map, compressed to show a vast multitude of stars and planetary systems – there was a lot to keep track of. Her attention was drawn to one particular section, though – a section covered in a kind of white haze, almost like cosmic fog. The fog of war, she thought to herself.

“You know, this is a strange coincidence. I was just visited by Darren and Krystof. They have the coordinates.”

“They do?”

“They claimed to, at least.”

“Wow. Well, that speeds things up considerably, wouldn't you say?”

“I'm still not entirely convinced. If what you're telling me is true, it could be the solutions to all of our problems – and it's not that I don't trust you, but it just seems too good. There's got to be a catch. The Systematic Administrator has been lost for centuries... it can't be this easy.”

“Easy? This is Christmas Planet we're talking about. I don't even know where Christmas Planet is. I just know that's where you'll find the Administrator. It's the treasure in the legend, it's got to be.”

Danielle considered. She wandered through the holographic universe, glancing at the various planets and their political affiliations... so much to keep track of. It had been easier, once. She reached out to touch a small planet, one she had an immense fondness of.

“I was sure we'd found it, once. Do you remember? Here, on Helios, under the Tree of Rain. The logs were... cryptic. But if it's supposed to be snow... the Tree of Snow?”

“A Christmas tree. I'm telling you, it's been there all along.”

Danielle sighed. The evidence did match up. She had never followed up on it, mainly because everyone thought Christmas Planet was just a legend – but it did make sense. For that matter, most people didn't believe in the Administrator anymore, either, but she had concrete proof that it had existed, once. If it still did... it could bring peace in the entire Galaxy. She sighed.

“I guess I'll just have to go find out for myself, won't I?”

2 kommentarer:

Nallenon sa...

-What do you want for Christmas this year, little child?
-I want peace for the entire galaxy!
-Well, as it happens, Santa has put just that under the tree!
-Golly Santa, you're the best!

D sa...

Helios... I like where this is going