lördag 25 december 2010

1 Corinthians 13

"If I speak in the tongues of men or of angels, but do not have love, I am only a resounding gong or a clanging cymbal. If I have the gift of prophecy and can fathom all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have a faith that can move mountains, but do not have love, I am nothing. If I give all I possess to the poor and give over my body to hardship that I may boast, but do not have love, I gain nothing.

Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.

Love never fails."

I just came back from church. It was a pretty okay sermon, although I couldn't hear much, being seated a little too far away. The hymns were also somewhat weirdly chosen, but the finale was great. The above passage wasn't really mentioned, and has little to do with Christmas really, but it's a nice passage, one of my favorites. And the message is not a bad one.

I had a good Christmas eve. I spent the day with my family, eating food, fighting with my brothers, and holding conversation. I also received communion from the hands of a real Bishop. Oh, and we solved anagrams together, the whole family. Me and my brother won, having solved them the fastest.

What did you do?

2 kommentarer:

Yeonni sa...

17 people here, 3 of them small children. Messy, noisy, and some smart person gave the middle kid a goddamn annoying pet dog on batteries that barked like... goddamn so annoying! :P Kids took all attention away from me and my presents, and I spent most of the day fetching and carrying things, running back and forth and had no time to talk to anyone, and when I did, it was mostly my uncle and his dog... and I held the baby just once. Altogether, very good Christmas for me this year. ^^

Sara sa...

I had a busy morning preparing the food for lunch and then me and the family watched TV and ate absurd amounts of candy. Then my grandparents arrived and we had to be social. But at least we got some good presents :P